The West Point History of World War II, Volume 1
The West Point History of World War II, Volume 1 is a remarkable volume in the West Point History of Warfare series. Produced by Rowan Technology in collaboration with the U.S. Military Academy, these new chapters provide readers a World War II experience like never before—with animated maps, interactive timelines, and other custom-built digital tools that chronicles the period from the end of the First World War up to mid-1942, when the scales began to tip in the favor of the Allies.
The West Point History of World War II, Volume 1 is accessible across all platforms on Windows, Apple, and Android devices.
Major features include:
- Custom-built animated maps of the Battle of the Coral Sea, the Battle of Luzon, the Bataan Death March, and Case Yellow
- 360-degree 3D models of military vehicles and an Enigma machine
- Archival footage of World War II including the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Nazi Blitzkrieg attacks, and the Battle of Britain
- Interactive data visualizations of national strengths and resources, manufacturing and production, and military schematics
- Translations of propaganda material from Allied and Axis nations
- The Road to War
- German Years of Victory
- Britain Stands Alone
- The Germans Turn East: Operation Barbarossa and the Beginnings of the Final Solution
- Japan Strikes: From Pearl Harbor to Midway
- Peoples and Economies at War